The Voyager Retirement Plan is a trust-based Pension Transfer Scheme designed to receive transfers from existing regulated retirement schemes. The plan is recognised as a Qualified Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (QROPS) by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) under Reference: QROPS504779.
It provides non-UK residents and those leaving the UK with the opportunity to transfer their accrued UK pension benefits to a scheme offering:
- Flexible retirement benefits with no requirement to purchase an annuity
- Removal of the limitations of, and future tests against, the UK Lifetime Allowance (£1m from April 2016)
- Tax efficiency; benefits can be paid gross to members depending on residency at the time of taking benefits
- Flexible methods and levels of benefit payments
- Multi-currency options; pension funds can be denominated in currencies other than the Euro
- Portability; individuals may reside in several different locations while their pension scheme remains located in a single tax-efficient jurisdiction
- Open architecture for investments. The Scheme operates independently of all investment managers
- Transparent fee structure
The Voyager Retirement Plan is a Retirement Scheme registered with the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA). The Scheme is administered by Trireme Pension Services (Malta) Limited which is authorised to act as a Retirement Scheme Administrator to Retirement Schemes registered under the Retirement Pensions Act 2011 (RPA) as may be amended from time to time.