The Explorer Retirement Scheme is a contract-based Personal Contribution Scheme designed to receive contributions from individuals to provide an attractive supplementary retirement scheme.
The benefits include:
- No statutory limits on contributions
- Long-term tax-free growth of the fund
- A wide range of permissible investments
- Flexibility regarding the timing and structuring of retirement benefits
- No requirement to purchase an insurance annuity
- No Inheritance Tax on entry, no 10-year charge, and exemption from Inheritance Tax upon the member’s death; and
- Wide discretion over the distribution of the residual fund at death
The Explorer Retirement Scheme is ideal for those who may be, or are planning to become, resident in a jurisdiction which does not recognise trust-based pension schemes. It also offers added security over traditional trust-based schemes in safeguarding members’ assets.
The Explorer Retirement Scheme is a Retirement Scheme registered with the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA). The Scheme is administered by Trireme Pension Services (Malta) Limited which is authorised to act as a Retirement Scheme Administrator to Retirement Schemes registered under the Retirement Pensions Act 2011 (RPA) as may be amended from time to time.